- How to choose the best car shipper.
- Find a company you are interested in and go directly to their website for a quote. One way to find a reputable firm is to use “Auto transporters” as a key word search in the online forums of collectible car owner websites. You’re likely to find reputable movers. (Do not put your information in a multi-quote website. You will receive unfavorable email and phones calls by 20 different companies.) You must enter all information correctly to receive the most accurate rate. Most automatic quotes that you will receive are for operable, standard passenger vehicles. Cars with modifications (i.e. lift kits, lowered suspensions, bigger tires) and cars that do not run cost additional money for the size, weight and conditions for the carrier. Note that automated quote sites may not give the most accurate quote to move your car.
Do not automatically go with the lowest price. Many companies lure unsuspecting customers with the lowest bid. They then need to locate a carrier to physically move your vehicle. If the carrier does not accept the low price (and generally they don’t), then your vehicle will not be moved. A lot of companies low-ball customers into using their company, only to ask for more money later.
Autotransportersonline.com works hard to give you an honest quote.
3. Research the transport companies you are considering. Learn from others experiences using the wealth of information available on the Internet when deciding how to find the best car shipper. You can start with simply doing a Google search of the companies name, or by using a review website. Autotransportersonline is A+rated with the BBB & on Angie’ list.
4. Make sure the brokers are bonded and that the carriers they assign are licensed and insured. Whichever company you decide to go with, familiarize yourself with their dispute resolution procedures
5. Make sure the carrier inspects your vehicle. At pick-up, the driver should inspect the car for any existing damage. They will footnote the damage on a VEHICLE CONDITION REPORT. They will ask you to sign it and will hand you a copy of the report for your records. Keep this with you until the car is delivered.
6. Inspect the car to ensure there are no additional dings, dents or scratches. This is your only opportunity to claim damage, so please take your time. If any damage is claimed, make sure the carrier signs the condition report and make sure you retain a copy for your records.
Call Autotransportersonline.com today when looking for the best car shipper for the most accurate quote: 1 866 556-6468 or go to our website and fill out form for a quote.